Wednesday, November 18, 2009

GoingTeal for TDay.

Most will think I am ridiculous, but I have been made more aware of
the need to become Green or at least a variation of Green.

Teal maybe?

As I plan our Thanksgiving meal for next week and all that goes with it,
plates, napkins, utensils, water(country water is nasty!) and food,
I realize how wasteful this day could turn out to be.

Don't forget, there are probably 50 people coming over for a cozy
Thanksgiving celebration! 50 plates, 50 napkins, 50 plastic forks,
50 water bottles!

Here is my contribution to going Teal Green for TDay:

  • Water pitchers
  • Biodegradable utensils(have tried bamboo, will look for those) & paper products
  • Remember the compost pile!
  • Use aluminum foil instead of plastic wrap
  • Send leftovers home in guest's containers(everyone is bringing a dish!)
This may be the best I can do. Would invite suggestions without having me go
overboard as I am still "green"...

Blessings from the Green Garden!
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...