Sunday, June 7, 2009

ANOTHER GARDEN EXPLOSION!

sunday, june 7, 2009


There is nothing like coming home after a week's vacation to see the GARDEN EXPLOSION! It's a good thing I asked a garden buddy to put some water on the garden while I was gone!




This is a blue spiderwort plant that blooms in the morning.





The okra is up and looking good. I thinned it this morning. I planted "Cajun Delight" and "Clemson Spineless".A few seeds of okra go a LLOOONNGG way! We love gumbo, cut up okra, onions, tomatoes diced, maybe some corn and butterbeans?!
Is that Gizmo in the monkey grass???



Tomatoes from Kate Lee's 'Oasis Garden' are about 3 1/2 ft tall now. Lots of blossoms, a few little toms. Had to give them a bit of a dustin' before vacation as the aphids were enjoying the plants! There are two of each of the following plants: Acme, Brandywine, and Sungold...




In the background you can see a spot of green. That is my "Topsy Turvy"tomato planter...My gardening friend, Zack:>, gave that to me for my b-day! Must be watered regularly or blossom end rot sets in...Happened to my first '09 tom, so I will watch carefully!
I love Bee Balm (Monarda)! The bees really love it and it reminds me of the cranky Queen's hat in "A Bug's Life"! (apologies for the poor quality pic!)
see you.
ML






































































































































































I am SOLD on the Organic Choice Fertilizer by Miracle Gro. It definitely has chicken poop in it! The yard is a bit smelly after a rain, but, boy, it sure does the trick!


































No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...