Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Home Garden Update Part I...



I probably need another blog for the farm since all my updates have been combined and a bit confusing! I have posted a few "H"ome pics to look at and compare in the upcoming weeks...
My tennis buddies laugh at some of my monogramming...
why not take it to the garden????

so, here is a taste of what's in the HOME garden!
One of my favorite sunflowers from Goodness Grows in Lexington, GA.
I searched for this one because I liked the interesting little thingy in the middle!








Still have a few gladiolas popping up(right). Bought some new "African" bulbs in honor of Robert. It's not too late to plant them...


On left, Bee Balm (Monarda). The bees really do love it.
Plant in fall!


This pretty thing came out of Nanci's yard next door.

Have not identified it yet...




All of my tomatoes look great! These are Brandywine, they will be squatty, meaty and fat. Also have Sungold and ACME.








This is my prize for shaking Mullein seed everywhere in my garden last year! This is actually an herb. The ladies in Burke County would disagree and call it a WEED, but it is still so whimsical!





Rose Campion, left, is going to seed. If you would like some to sprinkle in your garden, just email me. Sprinkle it now or this fall and you will have these showy purple/pink flowers on soft gray stems!



A garden club friend, probably in her 80's gave me some seed in an old film canister several years ago. I am happy to share.




The weather is not too hot today, need to catch up in home garden.I'll continue the update later with "Part II".
see you. ML




































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...