Monday, June 22, 2009

Farm Catch Up...

I feel the need to catch up on Hagler Farm News since many who read this are interested in our pumpkins!


I(that's me, by myself, no helper people!) created 125 twelve inch high hills for our delightful pumpkins this past weekend. It took about 3 hours of hoeing to get the hills done in the field, then (with the help of my children!) planted 5 or 6 pumpkin seeds in each hill...

Now is the time to plant pumps if you are going to give it a shot. I am trying some true French Cinderella pumpkins and white pumps, too.

No camera this time, but the soil was perfect , like cake flour! Robert spent two weekends getting the fields ready for pumps, flowers, fruit and veggies....

The plan is to host a "U-Pick" in early October. That depends on God and the deer!
We have a couple of groups(ladies) coming in September for "FlowerCamp", a half-day of learning what works, harvesting, and creating fun floral designs to take home!

Will get pics asap...

see you.
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...