Saturday, January 16, 2010

Trashy!


Gotcha with the title?

This year I resolve to pay more attention to trash.

I plan to continue recycling kitchen scraps in order to boost
the nutrition of my garden soil, as well as recycling general
"house trash"(newspaper, cardboard, aluminum, etc.)

I am researching compost containers specifically for
the kitchen counter. Currently, I keep my veggie waste
& coffee grounds(and filters) in a plastic(not green!) bag at
the sink. There are "decorative" containers to put all those
veggies in which makes it a bit more decorative!

Do you have a reusable shopping bag to take to the grocery store?
That's another thing I resolve to improve.
According to www.reuseit.com, Americans
consume about one million plastic bags per minute.

Instead of placing those empty shopping bags in the back of my car where I
usually forget about them, I will keep them in the front passenger side in sight.
Most grocery stores give a few cents off for each re-usable bag that
you bring to the store.

That's the trash for now!
Blessings from the Garden.
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...