Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Farm House Clean Up


I spent most of my day in the car today, and
zero time in the garden. However, I did take
a moment(from my cleaning duties...ugh)
while in Burke County to check progress on
the Farm Garden.

All zinnias are coming up right on time.
So far, I've planted 4 fifty foot rows of Cactus Zinnias
and 4 fifty foot rows of Benary Giant Mixed
Zinnias. Also planted 4 rows of Broom Corn,
one row of Giant Celosia.

It has been very dry there until yesterday.
Seeds will start sprouting since thanks to yesterday's
downpour.

Volunteer Tithonia ( Mexican Sunflower) is
EVERYWHERE! I'll selectively shovel prune
as needed.

Above pic to show the weeding I'll be
doing this weekend. You may be able
to distinguish the rows, maybe not!
All of this in preparation for FlowerCamp and 2 fall weddings!

Blessings from the Garden.
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...