Monday, July 26, 2010

PESTO, presto!




EASY recipe used for Herbs:Floral & Culinary
demonstration Saturday...

Many variations, but this was simple!
Use pesto to mix with pasta, instead of mayo
on sandwiches, "sauce" for chicken....

2 Tablespoons coarse chopped walnuts or pine nuts
(may lightly toast pine nuts, but not necessary!)
3 garlic cloves, peeled
3 Tablespoons EVOO
4 Cups Basil leaves
1/2 Cup grated fresh Parmesean
1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste

Need a food processor, or I used an Oster hand blender. Drop pine/walnuts and garlic into
processor container, let her rip, add olive oil, basil, cheese and salt...Process until very finely minced. Refrigerate and be creative!

Blessings from the Garden
ML

PS...I'd love to hear your take on PESTO!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

Pesto is one of my families favs, one time when I had a large crowd to feed and I only had one small jar of pesto and one small jar of sundried tomato pesto I mixed them and it was AWESOME. I have also been known to add a cup of pesto to jarred spaghetti sauce for a nice kick.

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...