Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Inspiration...


God yells at me often. Not in a bad way, but instead of whispering, he YELLS!
I never have to wonder about signs!

Several instances over the past few weeks, mother's 85th, troubled friends, and cancer in the family, have led me to ask the questions..."Is my life as useful as it could be?" and "Will I be satisfied with my life at 80?"

Yesterday at Mass I copied a sentence out of our Missal which summarized yesterday's Gospel readings.

"The whole adventure of life is a gift, one we could never earn but only receive."

Last night while reading the August 2010 issue of Success Magazine, I came across "Living a Useful Life" by John C Maxwell. He pointed out that for him the relationships we form, the decisions we make, and the experiences we encounter determine the usefulness of our lives.

There is always room for improvement in these areas. Maxwell points out 5 Rules of Relationships:
  • Get along with yourself
  • Value people
  • Make the effort to form relationships
  • Understand the reciprocity rule
  • Follow the golden rule
I am sure I'll be yelled at again, so I'll share!
Blessings from the Garden
ML

1 comment:

Maria (also Bia) said...

ml- this was just lovely...thank you for sharing. i like it when God yells at me because i can be rather dense at times:0); also, i like clear direction.

now, i off to be useful.

blessings.

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...