Monday, November 22, 2010

Less is More...


Doesn't the "less is more" phrase fit into many categories?
Fashion. Cosmetics. Decorating. Landscape.
It's true.

Yes, my taste for landscape is evolving, and I am not perfect in my choices by any means, but...
some of the re-landscaping that is happening now in the "Garden City" is a bit harsh on the eyes.


It seems that some are planting for planting's sake- instant gratification, filling the space. Why not leave a bit of space for the eye to rest on a specimen tree or a perfect perennial? Like a piece of artwork in your living room. I could grasp this concept a bit better if one were covering the lawn to say goodbye to weekly mowing (check out Eat Your Yard!), but that is not the case.

My plans for re-landscaping or updating my landscape include plants that I will enjoy bringing indoors such as camellias, grasses, and a host of perennials. This takes some thought, though, not just random planting.

Less is more.
Blessings from the Garden.
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...