Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Basics: Southern Garden Mama Must Have's

The Basics for Garden Mamas

I'll share something with you that is personal. 
Skin cancer is not pretty.
May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month



Last year I had a basal cell carcinoma removed just above my upper lip. After waiting many months to have it removed, I finally mustered the courage to do it! The procedure took about 30 minutes but could have been a LOT less complicated if I'd had it done sooner. This skin cancer developed from teenage years spent in blazing sun. 

Advice to Garden Mamas
(check out these links)

Wear Sunscreen.
Don protective clothing.
Try a new hat



Hope to see you in the garden! Don't find yourself here...


ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...