Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Garden Blogs: ML's Top 10/20

 The Blogging Barista, Laura Christianson, is giving my website a powerful facelift...skipping right over the Botox and right to the knife. Last week, Laura sent me a list of questions about my website- from the font style to the main purpose of the site. She's also designing a logo which you'll see on all marketing materials. 


This is an important step in my small business. I want the website to reflect not only gardening and floral design components, but also the health component- all with a Southern twist! I've done a bit of research to give her web-design team a head start. 


I started by reviewing P. Allen Smith's Top 20 Garden Blogs (Garden2Blog). P. Allen invited the top 20 garden bloggers in the nation to his home and gardens in Arkansas earlier this month. What better way to find ideas than to benchmark the best?! 






Here are 3 sites and my review- in no particular order! 


1.Southern Living's Grumpy Gardener
   Most likely you've read Steve Bender's cheeky articles in Southern Living magazine. I perused his blog, and       found him like-able(more so than in SL) based on his unrestrained writing. Although his brand is grumpy, his blog is not. Excellent articles that could be followed with a Facebook and/or Twitter share. Surely a potential for viral-ity!


2.Oakleaf Green's Garden Smackdown
  Completely new to me. Interesting banner- appears almost magical. LARGE print for my aging eyes. What is usually sidebar info is on the bottom of the blog...writing, blogs followed, etc..Dig deeper to find this guy to be a well traveled landscape designer...Too cute to have to hunt for his mug...


3.Evolved Mommy
  Hmmm. Interesting that Mommy has stepped out for a bit...Did she decide to move the kids to P.Allen's  place?




Ok. I remind myself that this is research for my new website not a cynical analysis with sarcastic jabs...Maybe you could help me determine the top 10?


17 more to go!
see you
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...