Sunday, October 17, 2010

Holiday Panic!




Addressing envelopes for custom Wreath orders is always illuminating for me.
The reality of Thanksgiving just days away and Christmas weeks away, puts me in high gear. My cousin, Nancy, is extremely prepared for the upcoming holidays & shared a few ideas to get ready:

Reality check -

Thanksgiving is 39 days away, Christmas 69 days and New Years 76 days!


A few years ago I got caught up in all the fall stuff with two kids in school and working before I realized that it was the week before Christmas and my tree was not up, very few gifts were purchased and looking back our Thanksgiving was pretty bland. I was all over Atlanta buying Christmas presents on Christmas Eve!! I did get the tree up with minimal decorations but was so stressed about the holidays. I LOVE holidays! Never again would I let this happen so I started looking for ideas on how to make special times enjoyable and less stressful.



Prioritize what needs to be done first.

  • Any home improvements, repairs to furniture get those done ASAP. If you hire it out they get much busier the closer it gets to Thanksgiving. Going away? Make reservations to board pets or have someone look in on them. (Don't forget vaccinations need to be up to date for pets that are boarded.)

  • Special wreaths, flowers or decorations need to be ordered.

  • Do you have a nice vacation or family photo that would look great for your Christmas card? If not, fall is a great time for pictures outside. (Next year look for an opportunity to take a special picture during the year.) This is a great start! More later...
Thanks Nancy!
Blessings from the Garden.
ML



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...