Saturday, February 5, 2011

Camellias

Yuletide Camellia
Camellias are the signal of spring. I have one Camellia that blooms
early in January, the others begin in February. There are so many
varieties of Camellias. I prefer a mixture of Camellia japonica and Camellia
sasanqua. Camellia sasanqua is a smaller bush with smaller growth habit.

I thought I would give you a few of my favorites.
'Debutante'
Camellia Sasanqua





















A regular MLCHgarden reader gave me a link to the Little Green Notebook blog.
This girl is talented and knows how to work a budget. I was thrilled
to see the two Camellia paintings updated with rose-colored mats. My grandmother,
Louise, painted these two camellias, and they are off to the frame shop
for an update.


Camellia Pink Star- Louise Capers 11-4-1975





Blessings from the Garden.
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...