Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fresh Ex-STRESS?


The second recall of Fresh Express bagged lettuce reminds me I need to make a list and order lettuce seed for the fall garden. Listeria is a bacteria that appears to have significant effects on pregnant women and their unborn babies.

Even though bagged lettuce is not our lettuce of choice, I will take this opportunity to share some seed types you may want to try because the time is near in our area. UGA tells us to plant between Sept 1 and Oct 1.

Here is my list:

Butter head
Romaine
Buttercrunch

An order is in progress for Johnny's Selected Seeds...



I will plant the lettuce seeds in the Raised Beds this year along with broccoli, kale, carrots, cabbage and beets...

Stay tuned.
Blessings from the Garden.
ML




No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...