Friday, September 17, 2010

Weed






Louise, a dedicated local reader of MLCHgarden, asked about this obnoxious summer weed.

UGA extension answered this one as I have it all over my garden, too, but hard to find
a description online. UGA's Georgia Turf is an excellent resource too!

The pics are of Chamberbitter (Niruri, Gripeweed, Leafflower) growing in
my garden. I just pluck them up as they are easy to pull, but the underside is filled with
perfect rows of little round seed balls...

The Extension office recommends treatment of turfgrass/garden area in spring with Prompt (a pre-mix of atrazine and Basagran), again, though, I just let my fingers do the pullin'.

Blessings from the Garden.
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...