Thursday, March 3, 2011

Appetizers

Sometimes when I traipse off to speak to a group, I take a little goodie with me.




It's most important to take some "show & tell" as herbs
are so sensual! Often I'll make little tussie mussies to give as door prizes or create an herbal
appetizer for sampling by the group...

Robert ripped this recipe out of an old June 2009 issue of Southern Living magazine, and asked me to try it.
I usually have a small nibble tray ready when he comes home. This adds to our repertoire of bites...It's a gourmet cheese spread that is supposed to taste like goat cheese. I love both!






Definitely a keeper & hope you'll try with your spring herb collection...

8 ounce softened low fat cream cheese
8 ounces crumbled feta cheese (can be plain or flavored)
Combine by beating with a mixer or with a spoon.  Shape cheese mix into 2 logs, roll one 
log into coarsely ground pepper (about 2 tsp), and the other in 2 tsp of chopped dill (my favorite!). 


Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 2 to 4 hours.  Serve with crackers or crusty French bread. 
Use your imagination here. Mix the herbs in with the cream cheese mixture, roll the cheese in finely chopped nuts, use multicolored pepper, dried fruit, etc...

Enjoy!

Blessings from the Garden.
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...