Sunday, March 6, 2011

Alone

Last night I had the place to myself so,  I sat on the computer to finish up pricing for 2 weddings in addition to ordering seeds for the farm...I also printed out this LIST for Dahlias that grow well in our heat...I will experiment with dahlias in the Home Garden this year as the soil in my raised beds is PERFECT!

Here are the lucky winners!
Envy- 10" to 12" bloom



Cherokee Beauty 10"  to 12" bloom


Hollyhill Electra- 8"to 10" bloom
CG Nordic 6"to 8" bloom, 6 feet tall












The reason I chose deeper corals and reds is because they will bloom late summer/fall. Perfect for FlowerCamp...thinking about you girls!

I also read the Dahlia Society of Georgia's instructions for growing in Georgia....Gosh, I'll have to spray. Weekly. I'll give them a shot, but I am not a fan of finicky plants.
Blessings from the Garden
ML

1 comment:

Cherie said...

These Dahlia's are gorgeous, I hope they work out for you and don't turn out to be too High Maintenance.

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...