Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Farm Landscaping

The cabin has a fresh coat of stain, the lattice and foundation a deep Charleston green.
Because the dark color is near the ground, one notices the dirt splashed on the house
more than before...Also, the process of removing mold from the outside wood involved
a spray that killed the sparse existing plants AND my honeybees.

 May they rest in peace.

This gives me good reason to put in some foundation plants and share the process---

First, I measured the areas that will need plants, designed a rough sketch, then took pics of the perimeter of
the cabin. Here are my to-do's for beginning the project :
  • look up deer tolerant plants on the UGA website
  • come up with a list of plants 
  • locate soil amendments in Burke Co/Sardis area
  • use pile of gorgeous stones to line front of cabin
I'll keep you posted. 
Blessings from the Garden. 
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...