Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fifty Birthdays

I am working on flowers for a 50th birthday party today. 
Fifty is getting closer for me, too.
How can that be? My head says I am still 35.
Actually, I feel much better at 40-something than I did in my 30's.
Is this mid-life crisis? I'll take it.

I purchased a bunch of creamy white hydrangeas, lavender tulips, green dendrobium orchids, and some willow tips yesterday. My instructions were to have a centerpiece for dining room table, small arrangements for entry way, kitchen, and one for the den area.

There is so much blooming right now, I'll throw in some forsythia, hellebores, 
and possibly a few peach blossoms I saved from pruning last week.

It's a fairyland of blooms right now in Augusta. Take advantage of the buds on the yellow forsythia, peach trees, and crab apples. Bring them inside for a welcome flush of color!

Blessings from the Garden 
ML

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...